Following the positive response to v0.1, here is the next iteration of this extension. New in this version is the ability to override the ‘View->Page Source’ menu item (Ctrl+U). It doesn’t override the key or the menu item, but rather the page source command. So it should still work if you have customised those items using an extension like keyconfig or menueditor. Another new feature is to open the source in the View Source window.
- Firefox 1.5. I will not support earlier versions, but will later versions when the time comes.
- Handle View Source requests that come in through the view-source: protocol.
- Optional override of ‘View->Page Source’ (Ctrl+U) – *NEW*
- Turn extension on and off in Options
- Redirect View Source to current window (current default in Firefox), new tab, new window, or View Source window.
- The Options window does not size correctly, when launched from the Extension Manager. There is no other way to launch it currently. The bottom part is cut off obscuring one option, and that is to open source in the View Source Window. You can get around this by opening about:config, searching for the pref extensions.vsc.open, and setting it to 3.
(v0.3 and beyond)
- Load Source in Sidebar. You can see this in action in the excellent All-In-One Sidebar extension.
- Load Source in external application. The ViewSourceWith extension has this functionality.
- Add sub-menu to browser context menu with full list of choices to load Source.